This blog serves as an inspirational and entertaining progress report on my seemingly never-ending journey to 200 pounds.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

EPIC FAILURE


Well, I knew someone would bust me for not updating, and the fact is, I'm truly embarrassed to reveal my current status.

I'm nearly back to where I started, weight-wise. Yet again the cycle is complete. Almost a full year gone by with nothing but a fistful of "experience" to show for it.

I haven't the time or patience to continue to update this blog at this point in time, but if you want to be put on a mailing list to be notified when I actually get myself back in gear and start up the blog again (hopefully sooner than later) feel free to drop me a line at:

heavytrev@shaw.ca

My life has gotten a little overwhelming over the past month, and once I'm in the clear, I'd love to start writing again. I haven't lost hope, but I'm definitely not feeling too positive at the moment...

Stay tuned, keep in touch, and thanks for reading.

-trev-

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been the one poking at this blog when the deadline is up, and there's nothing posted.

I'm not sorry, not even sorry that I'm doing this anonymously. YOU came out and told the world what the deal was, and what you were going to do about it, assuming that that kind of 'public shame' would be the motivation you'd need to get the job done. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the image you presented.

Here's the deal: "It's what you do right now that matters."

People don't care that someone's fat; to them, they're just fat. YOU care if you're fat, particularly if you have higher expectations of yourself.

The choice is yours: lay down and die, and be overweight, and be a victim...OR drop what you're doing - tonight - and get outside and go running. Just do it. If you don't, you're making the choice to sit around and be fat, and you know better than that by now, so no one's going to feel sorry for you.

Where do I get off saying these things? Dude, I'm just like you. I'm chasing 200 too, and it's a constant battle; I've been fighting it for years, and I'll be fighting it for the rest of my life.

Suck it up and get out there pumpkin. Or don't.

Unknown said...

The ideal in life is to arrive at a place without struggle, without suffering; however our eagerness to get there often causes us to miss the beautiful experience available to us during our times of weakness. It is during these times of weakness that we learn about who we are and about our relationship to the world around us. Our weaknesses provide our opportunity for growth and development. Our weaknesses remind us that we are still human and are still enjoying the human experience on earth.

However, the world around us, encourages strength, not weakness.

When someone congratulates us on being strong, we learn that strength is good and by association, weakness is bad. When we are told to be strong and to cheer up, we learn that strength is desired and weakness is to be avoided. These messages come to us as children and as adults, but they always come to us from the same source: They come to us from those who are fearful of weakness, those who are uncomfortable with their own weakness and therefore, have no strength to accept the weaknesses of those around us. These messages perpetuate a misbelief that weakness is weak and that strength is strong. These messages make so many of us miserable as we drain our beautiful human energy on maintaining the appearance of strength. Instead of growing into our beautiful selves, we waste our energy on the upkeep of perceptions. So tiring. So draining. So weakening, ironically.

The only way through our weakness is through our weakness, which requires strength. Through our weakness we find strength. Through our strength, we find weakness.

Weakness is as much part of being human as is strength. Have the strength to be weak and spread the new word.