This blog serves as an inspirational and entertaining progress report on my seemingly never-ending journey to 200 pounds.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Week 26 & 27 - The Time Is Nigh

Well, it's almost here, two days away. 21kms this Sunday morning. I feel very prepared, my last long run was perfect. I felt as though I could have done the 21kms that morning (I stopped at 14kms), now all I have to do is replicate that effort this coming Sunday.

The problem is that this whole exercise was supposed to inspire me to lose weight. Instead I have "maintained" at best, still hovering around the 240's. I'm going to have to step back and re-think this whole weight loss plan. As much confidence as I may have in myself, I just can't stop eating poorly. Nobody can stop me. I'll keep sneaking little nibbles here and there when no one is looking, as though I'm ashamed. It's a sad state that I've been in before, and without some sort of help, I'm not sure that I'll EVER snap out of it. I'm going to step away from this blog for the rest of the month as I try to sort out what it is that I need to do to get my mind in tune with my body. I feel as though I've tried everything apart from hypnosis, and I'm still in the same position I've always been, spinning my wheels.

I will post my results when they are made available, and then will take some time to sort things out for myself. Look for my next update at the beginning of July sometime.

Thanks for reading and please wish me luck for this Sunday, I'll surely need all the support I can muster.

Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the story here? Did we run or not?