This blog serves as an inspirational and entertaining progress report on my seemingly never-ending journey to 200 pounds.

Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 58-61 - Back On Track, Water Is My Friend, and Lots Of Support

Having fully recovered from the weekend that was, I picked myself up and got back on track. Not necessarily back to the fully intense workouts from last week and prior, still easing myself into it. I started a food and workout diary, (posted in the links at the top of the page), and have already noticed a difference in my daily routine. I'm no longer allowing myself those "here and there" nibbles that were once again creeping their way back into my life. It's actually quite remarkable how quickly these old habits can return, given the chance. It's a constant war between instinct and logic, and my self-accountability seems to have flattened the latest bump in the road, bringing me back to a more cognizant state. Now that nearly every aspect of my daily life is being recorded, I've got to be much more aware of what I'm doing and eating. The moment I stop thinking about that, I regress to an instinctive, food-gathering type of behaviour, that always seems to end up badly.

Since beginning my food journal, I noticed one major ingredient that was missing from my daily regimen. I hadn't been taking in a regular amount of water, and it left me wanting to snack more often throughout the day and evening. In reality, I was likely craving fluids, but my body and mind were compelled to feed in place of downing a tall glass of water. Altering that one small, but crucial, ingredient has suspended any desire to snack and nibble, and I hope it can stay that way. I almost feel reborn, as if I've been given yet another chance, having learned from my mistakes of the past months. I can fall victim to trying too hard, doing too much, and far too quickly. I'll brew up an idea, implement it in haste, and then realize it wasn't such a good idea after all, usually a little too late. I get excited at the possibilities without fully analyzing and addressing potential problems. It's strange because I'll usually over-analyze any other situation before setting it in motion, yet I don't give myself the same consideration. Impulsively Analytical. I just made that up.

Just when I am feeling short on inspiration, I get a barrage of messages, e-mails, and comments from family, friends, and readers. I must say I've been a little overwhelmed with the amount of support I've been receiving as of late, but it is greatly appreciated. Timing is certainly everything, and when I'm presented with a personal challenge, there always seems to be someone there to help pick me up, and say just the right thing at the right moment. I'm very fortunate to have such caring friends and family, and this journal has even restored some of my faith in humanity. Complete strangers facing similar obstacles, offering their support in any way they can. It's amazing what a common bond can do to bring people together, and I'm thankful to each and every person that has taken even one moment to read my thoughts, with an extra thanks to those that extend their support through their kind words and generous actions. What seemed like a nearly impossible task is becoming more of a reality with each passing day. It would have been an unthinkable mission to tackle this on my own, and when I finally do attain my goals, the party's at our house.

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trev!
I worked out at the gym for the first time since our August vacation. It feels awesome-it always did, so why is it so hard to drag my butt there some days?

Tanis

Wellington Thinking Classrooms said...

Hey Trev!

Guess I gotta catch up to you...am about 10lbs behind you but i dropped my bodyfat 3% in a month....so I guess I'm doing good. Thanks for reminding me about the water...I haven't been keeping my intake up!!

Keep it up man!

Jon