This blog serves as an inspirational and entertaining progress report on my seemingly never-ending journey to 200 pounds.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Week 23 & 24 - Back At It, Full On.

I don't really know how it happened, but I'm back and as focused as ever. The switch in my brain appears to have been flipped to "motivated", and there's no stopping me. I estimate that my weight will be back around the mid to low 230's, or even lower, by race day.

I've been diligently adhering to my training schedule, and have been able to see the improvements, even on a day-to-day basis. After only one full week of regular running and strength training, my endurance and pace have increased by nearly two fold. The weekend, though full of activity, was also filled with a little too much intake. Having the Monday off as a holiday, Sunday turned into an evening of excess in the food and drink department. Back on track for Tuesday, it felt as though I'd taken 10 days off. My lungs were heavy, my legs wobbly, my chest tight. All from one night of fun. Needless to say, that won't be happening again anytime soon. I feel very focused again, not able to waver.

I may be suffering from "too much, too soon", though. My 5 miler yesterday has left me quite winded this morning, and rather exhausted. I got plenty of sleep but just can't seem to wake up and get my energy going. I'll be taking it easy today, in preparation for a long one tomorrow.

There's not much else to report. As the day of the race approaches, I'll continue to share my progress regarding my pace and endurance, and how I'm managing to remain upright after all this running. See below for my formal training schedule.


Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Trev! Do what you need to do to make it to race day. We are really pleased to read this post. Keep going... Anne & Brad